|Shipping and Returns|
|Fall 2014 Shipping Definitions and Terms of Sale|
Fall 2014 Shipping Definitions and Terms of Sale
• Orders currently taken over the phone or via the website with items or an item noted for (Fall 2014 Shipping) will not be usually be shipped unless the deciduous plants are dormant except evergreen plants and bulbs. The shipping time frame will begin during the Fall, after the ordered items go dormant for the winter, once growth has stopped and the leaves have fallen off the plants. That is the time of the year in which we begin our normal shipping operations for deciduous trees and plants as per, USDA regulations. If items that can be shipped now that are ordered along with items scheduled for Fall Shipping, then the entire order will be held until all plants are ready to be shipped, unless prior arrangements have been made by the customer with Ty Ty Nursery by phone during normal business hours, listed on the Contact Us page. All shipping times that are given either in email, order notes, or via phone are only approximations at best and are subject to change without notice, since the weather controls when plants go dormant.
• If you pay by credit card then you will not be charged until the Fall, after the ordered items have gone dormant and are being processed for shipping. Once the order is paid full, it may take 7-10 business days to receive under normal circumstances. Delays do occur sometimes, and shipping times are only approximations. You will be notified only when your order has shipped via UPS. You can schedule your own shipping time by calling us toll free during normal business hours, and we will do our best to ship at the most convenient time for you. Some items might be out of stock after your credit card has been charged, and your order may be delayed without notice, until all items are back in stock. You have the right to cancel, modify, or change your address at anytime, until your credit card has been charged. Once charged, changes can not be made, because the order will be in the shipping process. To make any order changes please call us toll free at 888-758-2252 during normal business hours. Emailing order changes cannot be guaranteed to be made prior to shipping. The only exception to the promotion is that: Orders paid through PayPal Express are immediately collected by PayPal, but you still have the right to cancel, change or modify your order until the order has been processed for shipping.
• Your credit card will be authorized at the time the order is completed, for the entire amount, either with a phone representative or online. This temporary authorization will be automatically lifted within the next 72 business hours. A temporary authorization is done to reduce possible fraud, and to verify that credit card information has been accurately recorded for future charging.
• Where the promotion banner states “25% Early Bird Discount” this means the prices currently offered for pre-order sale prices will go up 25% in the Fall once we begin shipping. This in no way implies an additional 25% discount is given to the current listed sale prices or that Free Shipping is offered. You will pay the discount sale price listed on the webpage plus the price of shipping.
|How long are plant packaged to live during shipping?|
|We package our plants to last during shipment normally for 30 days. We wrap the plants coated in silicon gel and plastic, and use a silicon moisturizing gel called "Terra-Sorb" to keep the plants moist so they will not dry out during shipment. We ship all of our deciduous plants bare root, and we have been doing it that way for many years to cut back on shipping cost. To avoid the loss of your plant, it is strongly advised to plant it immediately after arrival.
If plants need to be stored greater than 30 days take the material out of the package and keep in a cool dark area (i.e. basement, garage, etc), adding water to the plastic wrap around the roots every 30 days.
|How long does it take to receive an order?|
|Depending on the season, and if an item is in stock, it normally takes 7-10 business days to receive an order. Please allow up to two weeks for delivery in our busy season, between December through April. Some items may be delivered and received in a couple of days, depending on the location, so please be patient with us, for we ship many orders to people each day and packaging and processing does take time and since we value our customers a lot, we do our very best to get orders shipped as soon as possible.|
|Nursery ship bare root or in containers?|
|All deciduous plants are shipped bare root, unless special arrangements have been made prior to shipping. Container grown deciduous plants are removed from the pots with most of the soil removed and shipped, are bare root. All plant roots are treated with a moisture gel, "Terrasorb", and carefully packaged for delivery. Shipping charges are 25% (15% postage - 10% packaging) of the total order, unless you request plants to be shipped in the containers, which will greatly increase shipping cost.|
|Receiving and Acceptance|
|Nursery stock is perishable. All shipments should be immediately and carefully unpacked and inspected on arrival and then placed in proper storage. Any problems with the condition or quality or quantity of goods received should be brought to our attention immediately.
Email email@example.com for any questions about about orders received from Ty Ty Nursery.
|All deciduous plants are shipped bare root, unless special arrangements have been made prior to shipping. Container grown deciduous plants are removed from the pots with most of the soil removed and shipped, are bare root. All plant roots are treated with a moisture gel, 'Terrasorb,' and carefully packaged for delivery. Shipping charges are 25% (15% postage & 10% packaging) of the total order, unless you request plants to be shipped in the containers, which will include additional shipping cost. We will not, under any circumstances, refund customer's shipping to return plants to the Nursery.
Shipping of dormant plants and trees from Ty Ty Nursery normally begins Dec 15th every year as explained on our order form and every page of the website, however, some evergreens, herbaceous plants and bulbs can sometimes be shipped in November. Other plants such as Jujube, Quince and bearing size trees come to us from California where dormancy comes later and are shipped to you in January or February as they become available.
Worry not in Northern states that the trees arrive in freezing weather, because dormant trees do not go into shock, but trees with leaves can undergo damage if planted at the improper season. If you order from a Northern state, we are happy to reschedule your Fall shipment for the Spring, if you prefer.
Fruit trees do not grow above ground normally during the Winter except for the roots underground, so that as long as your trees are planted before Spring leaf-out, the trees will be OK., and Ty Ty Nursery guarantees your trees livability for the first year.
2. When plants are enclosed within a box for several days, the light blackout interrupts the tree "PHOTOPERIOD", and the leaf slowdown of transpiration can interrupt growth, or in the worst case can put the plant into a lethal dormancy resulting in tree death.
3. Plants and trees resent being transplanted during July and August, and the daily watering requirements are often not done by most customers, leading to a poor plant and tree performance that usually causes customer dissatisfaction.
Do not throw away your hard earned money on a tree nursery that encourages a gardener or a plant enthusiast to plant trees during the wrong time of the year, or unloading their leftover plants from their normal shipping season - with their financial motive of making a few extra bucks. Ty Ty Nursery knows the best time and season to plant your new landscape trees or orchard additions for the best survival techniques that will lead to an uninterrupted period of long term growth. Some tree nurseries will try to convince their customers to buy and plant their trees now. Those nurseries promise that they can ship trees to you right now, since their trees are shipped in a protective container. The amount of stress placed upon the trees, when planting during the summer, is 4 times higher than when planting during the proper season, and in most cases out-of-season planting will lead to a shortened life span of the tree. We want Ty Ty Nursery customers to be satisfied for many years in the future by planting their beautiful addition of trees at the proper season, so we suspend plant our UPS shipping during the two hottest months of the year (July and August). All orders will be delayed until September as noted on the availability section of the product pages. Ty Ty orders will not be charged until September 1st, 2014, except when your payment is made through PayPal Express which is deducted at the time of ordering. If an item is noted for (Freight Shipping), we can more efficiently deliver trees by motor freight, however, it is more expensive and any additional cost must be covered by the customer. If you have any questions please call us toll free at 888-758-2252.
|What about pruning?|
|All deciduous trees are pruned, free of charge, prior to shipping. Texas A&M recommends 1/3 pruning of trees. Other trees, shrubs, bulbs, perennials, etc. may be pruned as deemed necessary by the shipping manager, to facilitate the most efficient method of delivery and to insure the most favorable survivability. The plant sizes listed online represent the unpruned plant height. Product guarantee on all plants requires one third pruning, except evergreens.|
|What if the plant's leaves are faded or have fallen off during shipment?|
|If your leaves have faded in color of have fallen off during shipment don't be alarmed, because that is normal through transit. Plants occasionally go through a brief transplant shock, but will normally revive shortly after they are replanted in the new location. Make sure that the plants are watered but not fertilized at all until after the first year of planting.|
|What is the shipping cost?|
|Shipping cost is approximately 25% of the total order. For example if an item is $100, shipping will be $25.00.|
|What is Ty Ty Nursery's shipping season?|
|Our deciduous bare root shipping season stretches from December 15th to April 15th.
Container plants, evergreen plants, bamboo plants, palm trees, etc. can be shipped year round. However, if an order is placed out of season for deciduous stock and evergreen stock the shipment will be held until all material is ready to be shipped together. Unless, proper split shipping arrangements have been made.
|Where can Ty Ty Nursery ship?|
|We can ship all over the continental United States, with the exception of California; we cannot ship to California. Orders going to Alaska or Hawaii customers need to be called in to discuss proper shipping arrangements. We can ship internationally and should be called in toll free 888-811-9132 to discuss availability and limitations.|